Monday, January 13, 2014
Welcome to LIFE ASSESSMENT MINISTRIES. John Livingston Clark gives you a hearty welcome to my blog. Here you will find biblical and practical life assessment. Life Assessment Ministries is focused on helping Christian young adults, ages 18-25, give or take a year, build a firm foundation for getting life right the first time, in 12 areas. People assess their vehicles, homes, and property. Why not do the same for your life? Find out what is working and what is not. Discover problem areas that are keeping you from moving forward in your life. For seminars contact LIFE ASSESSMENT MINISTRIES at P.O. Box 616, Zillah, WA 98953, call 509-830-4024, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the 12 Life Assessment Areas:
1. Your Source of Belief.
2. Deal With and Dump Your Past.
5. Success and prosperity.
6. Marriage, Family, and Relationships.
7. Money and Giving.
8. Religion and Church Attendance.
9. God's General Will and Purpose For All Believers.
10. Life Calling and Passion For You Individually.
11. Lordship and Discipleship.
12. Know What You Believe and Why.
Here is a sample of the content and format that would be used in seminars. It would involve discussion, small groups, and self-evaluation.
LIFE ASSESSMENT NUMBER 1: YOUR SOURCE OF BELIEF
* Some denominational teachings.
* Biblical illiteracy.
* Bible verses taken out of context.
* Lack of proper biblical interpretation.
* Not believing the Bible to be inspired or that it can be taken literally.
* Cults and other human philosophies.
BUILDING BLOCK NUMBER 1 IS THE CORNERSTONE: YOUR BELIEFS MUST
BE BASED ON A DIVINELY-INSPIRED AND CREDIBLE SOURCE.
The Bible must be your source of all beliefs. It must be above all church tradition or programmed denominational teaching. It must be the one and only source by which all other belief systems are evaluated. The Bible is a trusted manuscript for living one's life as God intended and for one's assurance of eternal salvation. It is the source of divinely-inspired absolute truth and the evidence supporting divine inspiration is overwhelming, and has been accepted by millions of people down through the centuries, as their "textbook for life." However, it must be interpreted using proper principles of interpretation, not just by human opinion. All of the other 11 building blocks for GETTING LIFE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME are based on this cornerstone.
FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURE PASSAGES
Psalm 119: 105, II Timothy 3:16-17, and II Peter 1:20-21
1. If you choose to not have the Bible as your source of truth, then what is your source and how credible is it? What kind of results is it bringing in your life?
2. Do you believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God? Why or why not?
3. What beliefs have influenced your thinking the most, home, school, church, or a combination of these?
4. If the Bible is your source, make one Bible reading goal.
5. How did you do on the self-test?